[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48643: Twenty Twenty: the menu on a mobile device becomes responsive after tapping a few times and switching pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 14 20:58:08 UTC 2019

#48643: Twenty Twenty: the menu on a mobile device becomes responsive after tapping
a few times and switching pages
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  smatt33         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme   |    Version:  5.3
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, javascript  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello!
 I have found a problem in the theme Twenty Twenty. I can replicate this
 both on my website and on the demo of the theme in the WordPress gallery,
 both in Chrome for Android and for the desktop (using the developer tools
 and simulating a mobile device).

 Fundamentally, if you tap multiple times the mobile menu, then tap a page,
 then go back to the home and keep tapping multiple times on the menu
 button, at a certain point the menu will become unresponsive and the menu
 will not show up anymore.

 The Javascript console shows the following error:

 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/LSZHovC.png)]]

 "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'classList' of null
   at index.js?ver=1.0:83
   at index.js?ver=1.0:85"

 The culprit seems to be line 83:

 "               document.body.classList.add( 'touch-enabled' );"

 Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this, so my knowledge stops here.
 However, I hope this can be fixed soon, as it makes Twenty Twenty
 unreliable.