[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43028: Remove numbers before month in dropdown, it makes user confused when drowdown is not opened

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 27 17:10:38 UTC 2019

#43028: Remove numbers before month in dropdown, it makes user confused when
drowdown is not opened
 Reporter:  nilamacharya                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  feedback                                       |  administration

Comment (by mdwolinski):

 Per our discussion in #design, here are some current examples of Date
 input from across a couple of sites.

 Facebook, Google and Gutenberg all allow entry and selection from calendar
 popover.  Apple ID is typing in the date (which would have to account for
 the different ways people read dates, ie Month/Day/Year or
 Day/Month/Year).

 Apple iOS (sorry, don't have an Android device) shows just the full month
 name without the month number.

 I suspect, the current design is for type entries, ie tab to the field and
 hit 2 to bring up February.

 Personally, I'd follow Gutenberg's design pattern.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43028#comment:9>