[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42094: REST API: extend _fields parameter to selectively include nested fields in response JSON

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 21 15:29:57 UTC 2019

#42094: REST API: extend _fields parameter to selectively include nested fields in
response JSON
 Reporter:  kadamwhite                           |       Owner:  kadamwhite
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 FWIW, I think extracting those as generic array utilities would be
 immensely helpful. I've had to implement similar things in other contexts,
 and having core functions for that would be helpful.

 Perhaps the filtering by dotted fields could be a part of `WP_List_Util`?
 And then extract `is_field_included` into a standalone function?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42094#comment:13>