[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47316: Improve the admin User Profile page, the user interface is not user friendly.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 18 16:00:53 UTC 2019

#47316: Improve the admin User Profile page, the user interface is not user
friendly.
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sirwan                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by sirwan):

 Hi @SergeyBiryukov

 The admin edit user profile page gets heavily modified by many plugins,
 namely WooCommerce.

 This page mostly consists of form fields, and input fields that stretch
 the entire width of the page.

 Plugins that incude custom user fields, modifiy this page by adding a ton
 more fields (i.e. billing address, shipping address, company details,
 etc). So it makes the page very long in height.

 The padding between the fields is extremely erroneous too.

 A solution would be to split the full-width input fields, into columns too
 organise form groups better. We need to visually segment these input
 fields better as many users including staff are reluctant to use
 WordPress's admin back to make any edits.

 I've had to create a completely separate backend admin panel, which is
 doing alot of repeating stuff from wp-admin. So to make it simpler to use.

 The current state of the admin user edit profile page is almost like a
 CRUD page. It's just not good enough from a user interface perspective,
 and is being ignored by many users, including staff at numerous companies
 I've implemented custom WordPress solutions.

 I find it hard to believe wordpress's user interface has stagnated as far
 enough, as not to address this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47316#comment:3>