[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47267: Let's improve the writing -- and the message -- in the WordPress sample post.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 17 10:26:51 UTC 2019

#47267: Let's improve the writing -- and the message -- in the WordPress sample
post.
----------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  marybaum                    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by earnjam):

 @marybaum, do you have a theme or plugin that might be replacing the
 sample content?

 The [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/blob/master/src/wp-
 admin/includes/upgrade.php#L191-L214 current Sample Post] content is:

 Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then
 start writing!
 ----

 The [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/blob/master/src/wp-
 admin/includes/upgrade.php#L278-L306 current Sample Page] content is:

 This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will
 stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most
 themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to
 potential site visitors. It might say something like this:

 > Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this
 is my website. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I
 like piña coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)

 …or something like this:

 > The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing
 quality doohickeys to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ
 employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the
 Gotham community.

 As a new WordPress user, you should go to your dashboard to delete this
 page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47267#comment:4>