[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on 32 bit servers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 16 13:59:53 UTC 2019

#47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on
32 bit servers
-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lovingboth         |       Owner:  paragoninitiativeenterprises
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by WFMattR):

 @dd32: Is it possible to use `method_exists()` to check if
 `runtime_speed_test` exists before using it (or `call_user_func()`), in
 this change? https://github.com/dd32/wordpress-
 develop/commit/0d00d59dbef14d0f139e3ef8b26d43a291523d96

 Wordfence has been bundling sodium_compat for a while, and it's possible
 for Wordfence's autoloader to be registered before the one in WP core, so
 that function may not exist in that case.

 We'll be releasing an update with the same sodium_compat version included
 here, and will also look at preventing our copy from loading first, but
 can't prevent an issue for people who don't have the latest Wordfence
 version.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47186#comment:40>