[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47265: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function load_default_textdomain() in /wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php:41

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 14 17:32:23 UTC 2019

#47265: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function load_default_textdomain() in
/wp-includes/class-wp-fatal-error-handler.php:41
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  daxelrod                           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new
Changes (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 * keywords:   => has-patch servehappy dev-feedback
 * version:   => 5.2
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 5.2.1

Comment:

 I added a patch that checks for `load_default_textdomain` and bails
 translating if it isn't available. AFAICT it is too early to try and use
 `wp_load_translations_early` to get access to `load_default_textdomain`
 since the option APIs aren't available.

 When testing, I also noticed that if a fatal error occurs in `advanced-
 cache.php`, `WP_Error` isn't loaded so I added a check to load it when it
 isn't available.

 I tentatively milestoned this for 5.2.1, I think it is a simple enough fix
 to include.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47265#comment:2>