[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on 32 bit servers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 10 07:37:05 UTC 2019

#47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on
32 bit servers
 Reporter:  lovingboth               |       Owner:
                                     |  paragoninitiativeenterprises
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by lovingboth):

 Replying to [comment:28 dd32]:

 > I'll try to test on a 32bit low-CPU host (or simulate it) and try to
 verify your testings,

 For 32-bit images, DigitalOcean currently only offers Ubuntu 16.04 that
 has the PHP7.0 I am seeing this with, and CentOS 6.7, which I don't know
 the details of.

 The $5 and $10/month VPSes there are not a 'low-CPU host' in the sense
 that ARM could be categorised as. For a single thread benchmark, the
 results are a very healthy chunk of a current Ryzen CPU, and when it's
 happening, **top** and the DigitalOcean graphical displays show no stress
 on the CPU at all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47186#comment:30>