[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on 32 bit servers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 10 03:20:56 UTC 2019

#47186: At least one function in /wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32 times out on
32 bit servers
 Reporter:  lovingboth               |       Owner:
                                     |  paragoninitiativeenterprises
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by dd32):

 @paragoninitiativeenterprises FWIW Generally we'd commit library updates
 separately from other fixes, as it allows a better version history. Easier
 to revert and review as well.

 My suggestion of 60s was a super-cautious approach, without having tested
 anything at all.
 I'll try to test on a 32bit low-CPU host (or simulate it) and try to
 verify your testings, if it seems likely that the Sodium_Compat changes
 mean that signature validations will work without timeout problems, we can
 potentially skip that entirely or only kick in if someone is running with
 a 30s-or-lower execution cap.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47186#comment:28>