[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46367: Introduce a cancel button to the create new menu screen when 1 or more menus exist

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 4 18:01:33 UTC 2019

#46367: Introduce a cancel button to the create new menu screen when 1 or more
menus exist
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse                      |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing
  testing                                        |  administration
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:   => has-patch has-screenshots needs-testing

Comment:

 Hi @audrasjb thanks for the ping.

 Reviewing the setup WP has, the create menu redirects the user to `nav-
 menus.php?action=edit&menu=0` so taking the user back to `nav-menus.php`
 seems like the most appropriate course here.

 I setup an initial patch for this in
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/46367/46367.diff
 46367.diff] (and minor tweak in
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/46367/46367.2.diff
 46367.2.diff] to cleanup the conditional), which introduces the menu-
 cancel action link. To give it the same red as the menu-delete action I've
 added the selector to the common.css menu where menu-cancel is setup. I'm
 not sure if we want to give it an alternate colour but felt it made sense
 and should never appear alongside the menu-delete action.

 Give it a shot and let me know if you have any issues.

 All the best

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46367#comment:2>