[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46618: Change login behaviour to only set the test cookie when a user attempts to login instead of just on visiting the login page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 23 09:02:25 UTC 2019

#46618: Change login behaviour to only set the test cookie when a user attempts to
login instead of just on visiting the login page
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |     Status:  new
Component:  Login and Registration  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                  |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  javascript, privacy     |
 Hello,

 I'm branching this from #44175 to account for the idea presented by
 @SergeyBiryukov;
 > I wonder if we could change the behavior to match the text, so that the
 test cookie is only set upon trying to log in, as that probably makes more
 sense. I'd be more comfortable with doing that in a major release though.

 The change would be to move the logic for the test cookie to be triggered
 upon the login action rather than the login page visit.

 Cheers