[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46610: In Multisite The Edit Page Is Missing From Toolbar And Root of Multisite Gets Displayed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 22 17:11:07 UTC 2019

#46610: In Multisite The Edit Page Is Missing From Toolbar And Root of Multisite
Gets Displayed
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  wordpressdevtester  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  General             |    Version:  5.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                      |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I reported an issue here:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/14562

 A contributor there referred me to post this here because it might not be
 a Gutenberg issue.

 In a multisite network, the Toolbar site displayed after My Sites is
 changed to the root of the site when the admin User adds the Toolbar to
 the URL so they can edit the page. The Edit Page is also not displayed in
 the Toolbar.

 Steps to reproduce the behavior:

 login to WordPress
 -- in a multisite network
 select one of your multisites
 verify the correct site is loaded after My Sites
 create a simple test page
 publish the test page
 copy the link for the page and open the link in a new tab
 paste ?bar=yes to the url and press return on the url to display the
 toolbar
 notice that the multisite display after My Sites shows the main root site
 now instead of the multisite you are in based on the url you selected
 notice that the Edit Page does not show either
 Expected behavior:
 The selected site should display properly after My Sites and the Edit Page
 should display to the User.

 used WordPress 5.1.1 and the Gutenberg release installed with this version
 OS: Windows 7 Enterprise
 Browser chrome Version 73.0.3683.75

 It could possibly relate to Gutenberg because a test of 4.9.10 with
 Gutenberg plugin not installed and Gutenberg not a part of WordPress core
 in that release doesn't have that problem.