[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46470: Image srcset and sizes not output in classic block. Image attachment removed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 12 03:16:28 UTC 2019

#46470: Image srcset and sizes not output in classic block. Image attachment
removed
 Reporter:  galbaras      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  5.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I installed the Gutenberg plugin on one of my sites, which was eventually
 updated to WP 5.0.3 and then WP 5.1. In all that time, most of the content
 remained unchanged.

 Looking at it now, most of the images in the library are unattached and
 embedded images produce the old/simple "IMG" tag, with no "srcset" or
 "sizes" attributes.

 I've tried attaching images in the media library. No change.

 I've tried setting $content_width. No change.

 Than only thing that makes any difference is editing the post/page,
 removing the embedded image and simply embedding it again. In the editor's
 HTML view, the respective "IMG" tag looks almost identical, except
 possibly the order of attributes.

 When converting tinyMCE content to blocks, WordPress should convert all of
 the required metadata, but seems like it doesn't.