[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46413: Page Attributes: Parent Page Drop Down menu not populating correct page listings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 4 18:15:25 UTC 2019

#46413: Page Attributes: Parent Page Drop Down menu not populating correct page
listings
 Reporter:  wmbilo        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Under right sidebar in the dashboard, Page Attributes: the Parent Page
 drop down menu does not reflect the actual pages on the site. In fact, the
 list is not even in alphabetical order.  So when I try to make the current
 page that I am creating a child page of a parent page, the parent page
 sometimes does not appear on this drop down list when I know for a fact
 that it is there.  I am using the latest 5.1 wordpress and Divi theme.

 To fix this or to work around this, I have installed and activated the
 Classic Editor Plug In and the drop down list was fine, it included all
 the pages on the site and it was in alphabetical order.  So I created my
 page and assigned it to the parent page and saved it.  Then, I deactivated
 the Classic Editor Plug In and everything was fine and the parent pages
 had the correct child pages.  Now, when I went back to the child page, it
 said (no parent) as the choice, but the parent page was really correct in
 the pages list.

 This is my workaround, but 5.1 Gutenberg editor should be fixed with
 respects to this bug.