[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47066: Twenty Nineteen: The main element must not appear as a descendant of the section element.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 13 16:25:29 UTC 2019

#47066: Twenty Nineteen: The main element must not appear as a descendant of the
section element.
 Reporter:  albertomake              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
  note commit                        |  template
Changes (by ianbelanger):

 * keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion => has-patch needs-dev-note commit

Comment:

 > Any site that targets `section#primary anythingelse {}` or `section
 .content-area anythingelse {}` would see their theme break, and
 potentially severely because this is a high level element in the DOM.

 While I agree with @desrosj's above statement, I think that is a serious
 enough issue that it has to be fixed, regardless of the dangers. It is
 currently milestoned for `5.3` and I believe that we have enough time to
 warn users and devs of this upcoming change. Going to mark this with
 `needs-dev-note` and `commit`

 BTW [attachment:"47066.diff"] still applies cleanly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47066#comment:7>