[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47118: Media Editor: Undo and Redo icons are not consistent throughout the interface

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 6 13:58:04 UTC 2019

#47118: Media Editor: Undo and Redo icons are not consistent throughout the
interface
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by antpb):

 Hello! This was discussed in the recent Media meeting and we are clear on
 the issue but need to explore the functionality of these buttons further
 to understand their purpose. There is some discussion around the purpose
 of the buttons and wether or not they are the same. If the same, we should
 provide a more visually consistent button. If not, maybe the difference is
 justified and we just need to make them **more** different.

 Also worth noting from @mikeschroder ’s initial digging, he found that
 “aria-label on the Gutenberg buttons are “Undo” and “Redo”
 looks like a span with class of “screen-reader-text” of “Undo” and “Redo”
 in the image editor”

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47118#comment:4>