[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47466: Add a comment to .htaccess markers, labelling inserted strings as read-only/ dynamic

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 5 08:37:46 UTC 2019

#47466: Add a comment to .htaccess markers, labelling inserted strings as read-
only/ dynamic
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  bradleyt       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Changes (by bradleyt):

 * focuses:   => docs

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 SergeyBiryukov]:

 > > Often the sysadmins who make these changes are not familiar with
 WordPress, and insert their custom rules within the `BEGIN WordPress`/
 `END WordPress` markers, assuming that any WordPress-related rules should
 go between these comments. These custom changes are then discarded by
 WordPress at a later date, when the rewrite rules are next flushed.

 > I see the same situation on support forums from time to time. I agree it
 would be great to include some additional comments there along the lines
 you've proposed.

 That's great. It feels like the success of this change depends on the
 actual comment being as clear as possible (whilst still remaining fairly
 succinct in order to get the point across quickly and easily). I'd be
 interested to know what you think of the suggested wording in the original
 description?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47466#comment:2>