[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40830: Widgets: add a warning that changes are published instantly on the admin screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 21 18:09:45 UTC 2019

#40830: Widgets: add a warning that changes are published instantly on the admin
screen
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boemedia):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-screenshots ux-feedback => has-patch has-
     screenshots
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater

Comment:

 We discussed this ticket in design triage today. Although we agree that
 the user flow could be improved, we also think that since it's not broken,
 it's better to focus on looking forward and design and work on new
 solutions in a more holistic way. Since this widgets screen is a legacy
 screen, it won't be a priority for the design team to work on. “Tightening
 up” is a focus of core design this year, and we’d like to tackle this as a
 wider part of that effort. I’m going to close this as `maybelater`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40830#comment:6>