[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39953: REST API: Do not update date when preparing post if date is known to be "floating"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 4 14:27:54 UTC 2019

#39953: REST API: Do not update date when preparing post if date is known to be
"floating"
--------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  jnylen0                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new

Comment (by earnjam):

 This came up again in Gutenberg here:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/13176

 Because of the way we're making an assumption in Gutenberg on whether the
 date is floating based on a couple of specific statuses, we can't account
 for floating dates with any custom post statuses.

 Adding another new type of draft status as Gary suggested above wouldn't
 help in that case either, unfortunately.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39953#comment:53>