[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33266: Text paragraphs containing links keep disappearing from posts since upgrade to 4.2.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 4 10:56:57 UTC 2019

#33266: Text paragraphs containing links keep disappearing from posts since upgrade
to 4.2.4
-------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  SimpleBugReporter  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by iseulde):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Old description:

> Since upgrading to Wordpress 4.2.4, entire text paragraphs containing
> inline links keep disappearing from posts without a trace, after having
> initially created/edited the post and then posting it.
>
> The problem is also possibly accelerated/provoked by switching between
> visual mode and text mode in the editor, but it has happened at least
> once (I think) even though visual mode was not accessed at all.
>
> Very serious bug anyway it seems?
>
> I found a possibly related ticket here: #28937
>
> It did not contain any solution though and seems closed due to "lack of
> evidence", and since it was also for an older version I'm not sure it's
> the same problem after all, so I created this new ticket instead. Might
> be related though.
>
> PS.
> Why isn't version 4.2.4 selectable in the version dropdown for this bug
> report? (I thus selected the "trunk" option instead.)

New description:

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33266#comment:4>