[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46369: Apply esc_url to edit and view privacy policy page urls & update translator comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 28 08:02:20 UTC 2019

#46369: Apply esc_url to edit and view privacy policy page urls & update translator
comments
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Privacy           |    Version:  4.9.6
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  coding-standards  |
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Splitting off from #44761 this ticket is to apply coding standards,
 translation improvement and escape the urls in the 'Edit or view your
 Privacy Policy page content.' string.

 Patch 44761.2.diff started by @birgire here should get props;
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/44761/44761.2.diff

 But will also want to account for the comment here;
 > Attempting to apply the patch currently fails for trunk. Along with a
 refresh I'm wondering if we can move the translator comments within the
 multiline printf statements.
 > Example from Coding Standards - https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook
 /best-practices/coding-standards/php/#multiline-function-calls
 > I also feel the two instances of this translator comment could be made
 more explicit by indicating it's for the Privacy Policy page.
 > /* translators: 1: URL to edit page, 2: URL to preview page */
 > I'm thinking;
 > /* translators: 1: URL to edit Privacy Policy page, 2: URL to preview
 Privacy Policy page */
 Reference -
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44761?replyto=8#comment:7

 Cheers