[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46225: WordPress Dashboard => Plugins => Show Details (Readme Page) = Wrong language

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 10 08:37:02 UTC 2019

#46225: WordPress Dashboard => Plugins => Show Details (Readme Page) = Wrong
language
 Reporter:  La Geek       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 The German Language has two forms of addresses = default (du) and informal
 (Sie).

 When the Website language settings are set to german default, the pop-up
 window (click on the link "show details" under plugin) is in german
 default language <= okay!

 When the website language settings are set to german informal, the popup
 window is in english language.

 The pop-up window appears to respond in context to the website's language
 settings. I expect this should show the informal language instead of the
 english one.

 (Yes, the profile language settings are correct, either set to website
 language or default/informal, and the readme files were translated to 100%
 in both forms of addresses).

 A clarification would be very helpful. We are discussing this in german
 polyglots team, but we don't know, if the formal readme strings need a
 translation at all.