[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33148: Categories are missing in admin category list when child category linked to non-existant parent id

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 3 20:53:06 UTC 2019

#33148: Categories are missing in admin category list when child category linked to
non-existant parent id
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ShawnLunny               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by Studiofreya):

 We have just encounted this bug in version 4.9.6. We copied our production
 database to the test-server. Did some manual insert of child categories.
 Than copied the database back to production. We could see the number of
 categories was correct in the admin panel, but the categories themselves
 were missing from the table.

 We fixed as described in SO thread by searching for one of the missing
 categories and just clicking on update button. We changed nothing. The
 parent was set correct in the database. After updating this one child
 category all other children appeared in the admin panel.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33148#comment:13>