[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49111: Twenty Twenty: Featured Image slightly off center on desktop at certain window width

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 31 21:05:22 UTC 2019

#49111: Twenty Twenty: Featured Image slightly off center on desktop at certain
window width
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  travisburch    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 It appears that the featured image on Twenty Twenty is slightly off center
 on desktop.

 It seems to me that it’s only really noticeable when the window is *just*
 larger than the size of the featured image. When the window is large, you
 won’t visibly notice the 10px-ish misalignment.

 When the window is smaller (just larger than the featured image), it looks
 like the featured image has about 10px of padding on the right. When the
 window is small enough, the featured image will be entirely left justified
 (no padding on the left), with several pixels of white on the right.

 It’s even made it so that if I use the Title of a page, the Title about
 10px off-centered from the featured image. I turned all of those titles
 off to avoid the bad look (and for other design reasons, too).

 Here’s what I’m seeing. The white space to the right is not a mistake,
 it’s really there! Maybe it will be more noticeable in a smaller window?

 https://pasteboard.co/INHdSQZ.png

 Thank you!
 Travis