[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of assigned capabilities

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 17 23:52:29 UTC 2019

#16841: Manually created user roles not showing in author dropdown regardless of
assigned capabilities
 Reporter:  10sexyapples                  |       Owner:  swissspidy
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by archon810):

 I just had to elevate a user to Editor status just to change the author
 because when he was Author, he wasn't showing up in the list, for whatever
 reason. And yes, we do use the Members plugin, though I don't quite
 understand why users set to Author, a built-in role, don't show up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16841#comment:67>