[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48239: Use a date in General Settings greater than the 12th day for clarity at a glance

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 17 08:29:03 UTC 2019

#48239: Use a date in General Settings greater than the 12th day for clarity at a
glance
-----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Rarst):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 After thinking on this for a while, I feel the improvement is insufficient
 to change existing behavior here.

 This would be a stronger argument for initial design, but for something
 that has been in place for a very long time, and is ''sufficiently'' clear
 with explicit date formats, it's not worth messing with.

 There has been proposal for rethinking and extending use of date formats
 in general, but it doesn't have traction at the moment. If it picks up
 steam we can revisit how we present the options as part of larger change.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48239#comment:4>