[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49004: WordPress core and all plugin updates having error: The authenticity of wordpress-5.3.1-partial-0.zip could not be verified as no signature was found.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 16 18:09:26 UTC 2019

#49004: WordPress core and all plugin updates having error: The authenticity of
wordpress-5.3.1-partial-0.zip could not be verified as no signature was
found.
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  toggerybob       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:  5.3.1
 Severity:  major            |   Keywords:  needs-privacy-review
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 For many releases of WordPress now, we continue to receive the error when
 updating both WordPress core and plugins.

 We're at the point that we no longer feel safe installing these updates.

 Can someone please address the recurring error:

 SUCCESS: WordPress was successfully updated to WordPress 5.3.1

 UPDATE LOG
 ==========

 WordPress 5.3.1
 ---------------
   Updating to WordPress 5.3.1
   Downloading update from
 https://downloads.wordpress.org/release/wordpress-5.3.1-partial-0.zip...
   **The authenticity of wordpress-5.3.1-partial-0.zip could not be
 verified as no signature was found.**
   Unpacking the update...
   Verifying the unpacked files...
   Preparing to install the latest version...
   Enabling Maintenance mode...
   Copying the required files...
   Disabling Maintenance mode...
   Upgrading database...