[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47510: Developer tool - Best Practice - input comment field Does not use passive listeners

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 13 06:48:37 UTC 2019

#47510: Developer tool - Best Practice - input comment field Does not use passive
listeners
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  efilippucci             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
  refresh                           |
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by slkfsdf8y34ljhsfsdfkuhfkl84hj):

 As an Apple user I always liked the fact that they ditch compatibility and
 push things forward.

 Since passive listeners really degrade performance, it would be really
 cool if we can push things forward.

 Since Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020 and after that Google
 will display full screen warnings and won't even ship security software to
 it, I think it is safe to say that WordPress should ditch IE11 support
 after Jan 2020.

 There is no point to support a browser which won't be supported even by
 its creators.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47510#comment:18>