[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47069: The admin bar on the front end has reduced functionality and bugs when jQuery not being used

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 11 17:13:56 UTC 2019

#47069: The admin bar on the front end has reduced functionality and bugs when
jQuery not being used
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
  has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-       |  javascript
  testing                            |

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:76 dinhtungdu]:
 > @azaozz  It's 9 am here so it's no problem :D. The patch works great for
 me. I have some questions about the code:

 Ah, that's great! :)

 > Why do we need to check for `window.Element` exist or not?

 Yeah, probably not needed especially after it tests for `querySelectorAll`
 at the top (added it mostly for completeness after looking at the (big)
 compatibility table at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-
 US/docs/Web/API/Element).

 > The indentation of some functions is too deep for me, should we try to
 fix them with early return style?

 Sure, lets reduce it. Removing the `window.Element` check and returning
 early in few functions should reduce indentation :)

 Patch coming up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47069#comment:78>