[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48886: Posting via XMLRPC (eg. WordPress Android App) causes post_date to have a doubled substitution by timezone

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 9 14:25:32 UTC 2019

#48886: Posting via XMLRPC (eg. WordPress Android App) causes post_date to have a
doubled substitution by timezone
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  noyle         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by noyle):

 OK. Maybe we could get more from this ticket.

 See from the main report, posts of id=44 & id=48, the `post_date` is
 correctly set w.r.t. timezone. These two entries should be, IMO, generated
 within WordPress itself upon receiving posting request from XMLRPC, the
 time of the two entries are server time.

 In contrast, posts of id=43 & id=47, the `post_date_gmt` is from XMLRPC,
 but upon publishing a post, the `post_date` is wrongly calculated. Hope
 this minor analysis would narrow down the scope of code research.

 Thanks again and really hope it could be fixed soon. I rely on the mobile
 app so much.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48886#comment:7>