[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48886: Posting via XMLRPC (eg. WordPress Android App) causes post_date to have a doubled substitution by timezone

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 9 13:34:39 UTC 2019

#48886: Posting via XMLRPC (eg. WordPress Android App) causes post_date to have a
doubled substitution by timezone
 Reporter:  noyle         |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by noyle):

 Thanks for looking into it.

 I've no idea about the code. Maybe the mobile app has defect, too. I just
 use App from Google Play Store, and the link lists on this page:
 [https://apps.wordpress.com/mobile/]. Should I also post a feedback to
 them?

 In the mobile app, I don't find any setting for self-hosted WordPress
 about date/time. Oh, by the way, I don't have Jetpack installed for any
 one of my self-hosted sites.

 What the mobile app sent is not known to me, but the XML contents were
 copied from NGINX (local setup) logs. Since it's working differently on
 WordPress 5.2.4 and WordPress 5.3, there must be something that breaks or
 changes.

 Should I test one more time?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48886#comment:5>