[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48880: Using JSON.parse instead of an actual object literal when localizing scripts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 6 20:17:43 UTC 2019

#48880: Using JSON.parse instead of an actual object literal when localizing
scripts
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  naxvog                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
  testing                           |
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by aduth):

 Unless I've missed something in the related resources, this is also
 specifically talking about Chrome / V8. We should be mindful as well as to
 the potential impact on other supported browsers.

 Generally, I feel that these sorts of engine-specific optimizations are
 not really reliable over the long-term. Then again, since this is mostly
 an internal implementation detail, it seems like it shouldn't be too much
 of a problem to change again, if ever the advantage swung back in the
 other direction in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48880#comment:5>