[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37417: Customize Nav Menus: more visible way to navigate the preview to a menu item object

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 2 17:58:50 UTC 2019

#37417: Customize Nav Menus: more visible way to navigate the preview to a menu
item object
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by melchoyce):

 > Isn't it a option to directly show the page on the right side when the
 user clicks on a menu item in the customiser? So they can instantly see
 what they are doing in the customiser?

 Clicking on the title opens the accordion, which is a standard interaction
 across WordPress — I don't think we should change this interaction in just
 one place.

 We should definitely separate previewing from the "original" label, since
 they're two different concepts. Instead, we could move "original" to live
 underneath the navigation label field, and only show it if you've changed
 the page label to something custom.

 Then, we can pull "View Page" out as it's own link.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37417#comment:15>