[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47943: Multisite: Allow site administrators to add new users option and "Add New" wording

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 28 17:05:22 UTC 2019

#47943: Multisite: Allow site administrators to add new users option and "Add New"
wording
 Reporter:  henry.wright  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Thanks for the ticket!

 Yes, the "Add New" menu item label doesn't match the "Add Existing User"
 heading in this case.

 On the other hand, it's consistent with the other menus: Posts, Media,
 Pages, etc. all have the "Add New" item. I'm not sure if there's any
 benefit in changing this one to "Add Existing".

 I also think "Add New" is actually more appropriate here: is an existing
 user of the network, but it's still new to the current site.

 Perhaps the option itself could be clarified a bit as to what it actually
 does.

 Current wording:
 > Add New Users
 > Allow site administrators to add new users to their site via the "Users
 → Add New" page

 Suggested wording:
 > Create New Users
 > Allow site administrators to create new users on their site via the
 "Users → Add New" page

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47943#comment:2>