[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47925: Twenty Nineteen: Size of style.css seems excessively large (225% larger than next largest theme's CSS)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 22 22:34:00 UTC 2019

#47925: Twenty Nineteen: Size of style.css seems excessively large (225% larger
than next largest theme's CSS)
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by marybaum):

 I wonder if it’s all getting used. I’ve seen mention of a tool that shows
 which rules are active in a site and which aren’t, so my inclination would
 be to start there.

 Then i’d Look to see if the thing is responsive or mobile-first, bc at
 least some rules can stay the same from {min-width: 0} to JumboTron size.
 For example.

 And then would come my favorite, replacing floats with Flexbox for things
 that line up in one direction or Grid for things that lay out in two
 dimensions. Combine that with a mobile-first stylesheet and we can take a
 bath towel to a good 40% of a tightly written responsive sheet.

 Then we can look for places to hit with a squeegee. 😜

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47925#comment:4>