[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47833: User deletion: Using the link "deletion", one won't be asked about what to do with this users content after deletion

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 4 21:18:25 UTC 2019

#47833: User deletion: Using the link "deletion", one won't be asked about what to
do with this users content after deletion
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  kosmicon           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Hi @kosmicon, welcome to WordPress Trac! Thanks for the report.

 I could not reproduce the issue on a clean install. In my testing, as long
 as the user has any posts or pages, WordPress does ask what should be done
 with them, whether deleting by clicking the Delete link or via Bulk
 Actions.

 There is, however, a similar ticket for Multisite: #15855, where WordPress
 doesn't ask what to do with user's content when removing them from a
 particular site. In that case, though, the button says "Remove", not
 "Delete".

 1. Are you running single site or Multisite?
 2. Could you make sure the user is actually an author of any posts or
 pages?
 3. Does the issue still happen with all plugins disabled and a default
 theme (Twenty Nineteen) activated?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47833#comment:1>