[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47822: wp_staticize_emoji_for_email always converts text/html email symbols and has no way to override behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Aug 3 17:51:35 UTC 2019

#47822: wp_staticize_emoji_for_email always converts text/html email symbols and
has no way to override behavior
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  majemedia          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Hi @majemedia, thanks for the ticket!

 I might be missing something, but if the goal is to disable
 `wp_staticize_emoji_for_email()` for specific emails, it should already be
 possible by removing the filter before calling `wp_mail()`:
 {{{
 remove_filter( 'wp_mail', 'wp_staticize_emoji_for_email' );
 }}}
 I don't see why a new (6th) argument is needed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47822#comment:2>