[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37244: WordPress has a fallback if the cropped version of an image is smaller than the size the contributor sets it to be

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 19 20:45:01 UTC 2019

#37244: WordPress has a fallback if the cropped version of an image is smaller than
the size the contributor sets it to be
 Reporter:  rasmusrim     |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by desrosj):

 * keywords:   => close

Comment:

 Hi @rasmusrim,

 Thanks for the additional details. In my testing, I am able to reproduce
 what you have described. I believe this is intended behavior, though. If
 the image is smaller than the selected image size, WordPress will attempt
 to match with the next largest size, even if it does not reflect the new
 crop.

 @joemcgill can you confirm?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37244#comment:3>