[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46967: Site health, info tab: show the current uploads directory info on network installs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 18 20:58:33 UTC 2019

#46967: Site health, info tab: show the current uploads directory info on network
installs
 Reporter:  azaozz                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 46967.diff looks good. One thing I'm a bit concerned about is calculating
 the sizes on multisite's main site. Both the DB and the uploads dir are
 typically much larger there, and on "big installs" (with DB replication,
 load balancers, etc.) these calculations can be pretty bad/harmful :)

 To remedy that thinking we can do two things:
 - Put the "calculate size" as a separate button when on the main site of a
 network.
 - Add a filter so the calculations can be disabled from a plugin.

 Actually having a filter may be good for single installs too. There are
 some installs with many users, they may want to manage this directly.

 For the main site calculations we also need to account for old multisite
 installs that may still be using `/wp-content/blogs.dir/` for the uploads.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46967#comment:5>