[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46967: Site health, info tab: show the current uploads directory info on network installs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 18 04:38:48 UTC 2019

#46967: Site health, info tab: show the current uploads directory info on network
installs
 Reporter:  azaozz                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by xkon):

 * keywords:  site-health => site-health 2nd-opinion dev-feedback has-patch

 when #46954 was opened so I've reworked on it a bit since the commits were
 made so it can apply cleanly again for some testing.

 This had a little "different" view on what to show with 1 extra step for
 the Main Site of a Multisite. I think that maybe we can leave the data
 there as is since usually the main site is handled by a Super Admin in
 most cases ( if not I'll be happy to update this ).

 What this patch does:
 On single installations everything remains the same as seen at

 On Multisites there are 2 "views":
 Main site [attachment:"46967diff_multisite_main-site.jpg"]
 It adds the **Max upload file size**, **Site upload space** as set in the
 network options.

 Sub sites [attachment:"46967diff_multisite_sub-site.jpg"]
 It only shows the **Uploads directory & it's size**, the **Max upload file
 size** from the network settings and the **Site upload space** either from
 network settings or the specific value from the site settings in case it's
 overwritten.

 --

 Notes and thoughts:

 Maybe calculating the "total" uploads directory size is too much in most
 cases in Multisites, this was just a way of having a full set of info for
 Super Admins as well, but it can be modified the same as subsites.

 I didn't convert the Site upload space and Max upload file size with
 `size_format()` so they can show their actual values as set ( MB & KB
 respectively ).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46967#comment:3>