[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45371: Add tag: Use `event.isComposing` to support input method editor (IME) converters

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 13 23:33:41 UTC 2019

#45371: Add tag: Use `event.isComposing` to support input method editor (IME)
converters
-------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  ryanshoover
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by ryanshoover):

 @miyauchi @afercia would you two mind testing out 45372.2.patch?

 I've taken a different approach.
 - tags-box.js has its 2nd `keypress` event removed. General cleanup
 - tags-suggest.js now runs `tagBox.flushTags()` when an option is
 selected. When browsing through the suggested tags, a single enter key
 will add the tag to the post.

 The 2nd enter key was required because both the jQuery autocomplete widget
 that holds the suggested tags and the keypress function were listening for
 `keydown` and stopping propagation to other events. (`keypress` is an
 alias of `keydown`)

 I explored various ways of sniffing for `isComposing` / `compositionend`
 but couldn't get reliable results between browsers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45371#comment:25>