[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43579: Optional post_id param in media_sideload_image and media_handle_sideload function

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 11 14:07:40 UTC 2019

#43579: Optional post_id param in media_sideload_image and media_handle_sideload
function
-------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  sebastian.pisula         |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by antpb):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch needs-testing
 * owner:  (none) => antpb
 * type:  feature request => enhancement
 * status:  new => assigned
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 5.3

Comment:

 Hi @sebastianpisula ! Thanks for contributing this patch. It is a great
 change. This was also worked on in #38959 and was discussed in the most
 recent media meeting. We agree that the solution is sound and that it
 should move forward in the 5.3 milestone. I'll be testing it in the coming
 week and will work to commit it.

 Just wanted to leave this comment to document the work that @dotancohen
 did in #38959 . You both came to the very same solution and the Media team
 thinks you should both get props for it. I'm going to make sure that
 happens. :)

 Thanks again, and more info to follow soon as I test.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43579#comment:4>