[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44538: Provide a way to show what change occurred to the suggested privacy policy text.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 8 04:17:57 UTC 2019

#44538: Provide a way to show what change occurred to the suggested privacy policy
text.
 Reporter:  ssokolow                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  feedback needs-patch                           |  administration

Comment (by garrett-eclipse):

 Additional feedback from @timhibberd was posted to
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44669#comment:28
 44669#comment:28]:
 > My 2 cents worth regarding your open question is as follows:
 >
 > 1) Manually Created Change Excerpt with a link to an auto-generated page
 delta:

 > Privacy page administrator should have an excerpt box to manually
 summarise the privacy page changes from an end-user impact perspective
 (like a Git Commit comment). It is common in the industry for end-users to
 receive a privacy document change summary in addition to the revised
 privacy document. A changed privacy document will show what has changed
 but does not necessarily instruct the reader as to the impact of the
 changes...the "why". The change notice excerpt presented to the user would
 have a link to the auto-generated page delta.

 > 2) Changes should be aggregated from the last time the user logged in.
 If a user does not log in for a while and multiple changes have occured
 then the user should be presented with all the changes since they last
 logged in.

 > 3) I am assuming that the privacy page notice will appear as banner bar
 and / or via API so the theme designer can present it in a theme-
 appropriate fashion and in an accessibility conformant fashion? Displaying
 a notice on the admin dashboard would only be of value to site
 administrators on a multi-site network. None of the client sites I manage
 show any of the admin constructs to end-users (e.g. no toolbar). So I
 would anticipate hooking a callback function to present the privacy change
 info to the user in an appropriate spot on the page they are looking at
 when they log in.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44538#comment:12>