[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46730: Site Health: Introduce up/down chevrons for the Passed tests button to indicate it's current state.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 5 23:51:27 UTC 2019

#46730: Site Health: Introduce up/down chevrons for the Passed tests button to
indicate it's current state.
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * focuses:  ui => ui, accessibility
 * resolution:  wontfix =>
 * milestone:   => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 Hi @Clorith thanks for the feedback, sadly I beg to differ. This is a
 visual accessibility issue especially on laptops as there's no visual
 indication that anything occurred once the Passed Tests are expanded. See
 screenshots from a smaller laptop.

 In this scenario there's no indication that an action occurred or that the
 list is now displayed below the fold. And once you change focus the blue
 focus border goes away leaving you thinking the button is broken.

 If we're not going to add any cognitive indication that something occurred
 I would suggest we abandon the hiding of the section entirely.

 Thanks

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46730#comment:4>