[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12939: Counterpart to content_save_pre hook not called when getting post content via API

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 5 16:41:50 UTC 2019

#12939: Counterpart to content_save_pre hook not called when getting post content
via API
 Reporter:  redsweater                |       Owner:  josephscott
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by redsweater):

 @danielbachhuber I just confirmed again that the bug still exists. It's
 frustrating, but it's been so many years, maybe in the big scheme of
 things people just don't care enough for it to be fixed? Over the years, I
 don't know if the lack of complaints are because people have decided not
 to use 3rd party apps like MarsEdit when they need this kind of data
 integrity, or if they are just used to working around the problems.

 I would be more comfortable with punting if there was a rosier outlook for
 moving 3rd party apps to the JSON API. For the foreseeable future, many of
 us using the XML-RPC API have to count on it as the canonical method for
 interacting with WordPress. IMO that makes the validity of that API more
 important than it otherwise would be.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12939#comment:14>