[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user presses CTRL + S

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 25 09:20:36 UTC 2018

#44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user
presses CTRL + S
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Blackbam           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Blackbam):

 Replying to [comment:2 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Hi @Blackbam, thanks for the ticket!
 >
 > Unless I'm missing something, this is already implemented, see #31655.
 I've just tested Ctrl + S on a clean WordPress install in Opera 55
 (Windows), and it does save the current draft. Do you see different
 results?

 > Related: #33566

 Hi @SergeyBiryukov I have tested with Opera 55, Google Chrome 69, and
 Firefox 62 (all on Linux Mint) and surprisingly indeed it is working in
 Opera! However the vast majority of users is probably using Google Chrome,
 Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

 Chrome and Firefox are opening either the "save HTML page" tab or they
 just ignore the attempt to save.

 Not sure if this is still an enhancement or a bug then? But I think we
 should make this work in all Browsers?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44986#comment:3>