[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user presses CTRL + S

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 24 15:24:18 UTC 2018

#44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user
presses CTRL + S
----------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Blackbam        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  2nd-opinion dev-feedback
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Use case: Whenever a user is in the edit.php screen of a post, page or
 custom post type and wants to save/update. Pressing CTRL + S shortcut is
 the most natural way of saving / updating content and it will improve and
 speed up the editing experience in WordPress.

 Additional Info: There is a plugin for this functionality already
 (https://wordpress.org/plugins/save-with-keyboard/). However we should put
 this into the core as it is a very small thing to change in the core but
 very useful.

 Currently I can not think of any significant drawback implementing this,
 but a second opinion would be nice nevertheless.