[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44081: Privacy email request failures do not get reported if there are also successful ones

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 17 16:44:39 UTC 2018

#44081: Privacy email request failures do not get reported if there are also
successful ones
 Reporter:  desrosj                              |       Owner:  javorszky
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by JoshuaWold):

 Following up on this ticket, my preference from a “keep things as clean as
 possible” perspective would be to have failed and successful notices
 incorporated into the same notice. If we were to do that it would probably
 look something like this:

 “Attempted to re-send requests: 5 successful, 11 failed.” With an orange
 bar.

 However, given the feedback in previous comments about folks missing the
 failed notices, I’m inclined to agree that we should keep the success and
 failed notices separate, at least for now. My only feedback then would be
 to update the wording slightly. Right now it’s a bit hard to tell if a
 message was a success based purely on the wording (imagine a situation
 with a screen reader or someone that was hard of sight, where color is
 harder to differentiate).

 My suggestion then is to make the following changes:

 1. Change “Re-sent 5 requests” to “'''Successfully re-sent 5 requests.'''”
 2. Change “There were no requests to act on” to “'''There were no requests
 selected to act on.'''” As a followup I’m wondering if we could just keep
 people from ever seeing this notice by not not allowing the previous
 action to happen?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44081#comment:28>