[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44233: Add missing unit tests for exporting personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 13 17:39:40 UTC 2018

#44233: Add missing unit tests for exporting personal data by username or email
address
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  desrosj      |       Owner:  desrosj
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by iandunn):

 r43640 commits the changes to `wpPrivacyDeleteOldExportFiles.php`. The
 other two files look pretty good, but need a few more changes.

 I did some minor cleanup in [attachment:"44233.6.diff"]:

 * Minor coding standards issues
 * Removing comments that didn't feel necessary because the code was
 descriptive on its own.
 * Prefixing the (global) function name with `::` in the `@covers`
 annotation, so PHPUnit's code coverage can find the function

 The one big change I made was to remove the `try...catch` blocks (and
 related code) in favor of the existing  `WPDieException` /
 `setExpectedException()` pattern used elsewhere in the suite. The avoids
 the problem mentioned in comment:18, and makes the code smaller and easier
 to read. `setExpectedException()` was deprecated in PHPUnit `7`, but Core
 already has a shim for it that calls `expectException()`. This should be
 back-compat with PHPUnit `3.7` and forward-compat with `7.x`, but so far
 I've only tested on `6.5`.

 I left a few questions in the diff, marked with `todo`. @desrosj,
 @birgire, can y'all take a look at those? There's mostly small docs
 issues. The only big change I think this might need is to refactor
 `wpPrivacyProcessPersonalDataExportPage.php` to use a `@dataProvider`, to
 avoid having a ton of tests with duplicated code.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44233#comment:24>