[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user presses CTRL + S

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 31 12:41:35 UTC 2018

#44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user
presses CTRL + S
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Blackbam           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Blackbam):

 @afercia Thank you for your input this is a useful clarification regarding
 this issue.

 However for me the draft is not saved if there is no editor, not saved for
 certain post types and it will not reliably save all the data - three
 major disadvantages. To save data from Plugins via Ajax will be hard
 therefore I would suggest to save the whole page contents when pressing
 Ctrl + S (similarly to the "Save with keyboard" plugin.

 What I do not know is if this would still be a good idea for Gutenberg
 pages.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44986#comment:7>